Ideas for Halloween ESL Class Party Planning
Ideas for Halloween ESL Party Planning – Halloween activities you can do with your ESL class
- Pumpkin carving contest: Make teams of students to carve a nice jack-o-lantern, the teachers can be the judges
- Halloween Costume Ideas: Your students can get creative and make costumes to wear for you ESL class Halloween Party
- Halloween costume parade and contest: Make sure yo show all the other students and teachers yuor creative efforts in designing a costume with a parade and contest voted on by ESL students and teachers who has the best costume
- Bobbing for apples: This is a fun activity we do at Halloween. You can use your hands and you have to get an apple from the water barrel with your mouth. These days it is not as popular of an activity because people are worried about germs, etc. So do so at your own, risk and it is a good idea to exclude anyone who is sick to not spread germs.
- Haunted House: turn your ESL classroom into a haunted house tour with different spooky stations and slimy guts to touch and guess what it is… have fun!
- Trick or Treating: you can have a class or school trick or treating event. Each class, or small group can make treats (such as candy apples, cookies, etc.), and give them to the other students if they say the famous Halloween words. (or if treats are limited, perhaps a prize for best costumes).
- Listen to Haunted Music at the party
- tell Ghost Stories
- Watch a Halloween movie (be sure to be age sensitive) don’t scare little kids, and don’t scare adults either, they wont give your class / school good reviews. Keep it fun and use common sense.