Learn to read with phonics – phonics for kids – the letter /C/
Words that begin and end with the letter /c/ (hard /k/ sound)
The Letter /C/
A) Read the following words that begin with the letter /c/:
What do these have in common? The vowels used are /a/, /u/ and /o/. When these vowels follow the letter ‘c’, at the beginning of a word, the ‘c’ usually has a hard /k/ sound.
B) Also, when a consonant follows the letter ‘c’ the ‘c’ will usually have a hard /k/ sound too.
- How many more words can you make that begin with the letter /c/?
Part 3: Questions / Trivia
- An English and French speaking country in North America: C_________.
- It makes milk and says “moo”: c_________.
- Look both ways before you c_________ the street!
- If you are close to a freshly cut onion you might c_________.
- You can color in your coloring book with a c_________.
- You can go for a long drive in a c_________.
- Ronald McDonald is a famous c_________.
- A c____________ turns into a butterfly.
- Tigers have big, sharp c_________.
- I enjoy learning English on my c_________ .
- When I was 4 years old I had 4 c_________ on my c_________.
*bonus – a map maker is also known as a c__________________.